Welcome to my blog!

I am a stay at home Mom of 3 living in Southern NH. This blog combines my love for my children, photography and cooking. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pretzel Time









With just a few short weeks left of summer vacation we crossed yet another 'to do' off of my list today. We made homemade pretzels something that I had never done with the girls. They were so excited to make them in the shape of their initials. They tasted as good as they looked
















Pretzel Recipe:

1 pkg. active yeast
1 1/4 cup lukewarm water
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. table salt
3 cups flour
1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp. water
kosher salt to taste

Preheat over to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water. Add sugar and table salt. Stir in flour 1 cup at a time. Add additional flour if sticky. Turn onto floured surface and knead for 10 minutes. Divide into 10 pieces and roll each piece into a 10' strip. Shape like a pretzel or be creative. Brush with egg and water mixture and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt and bake for 10 minutes. Makes 10 pretzels.

Enjoy!

No comments: