Welcome to my blog!

I am a stay at home Mom of 3 living in Southern NH. This blog combines my love for my children, photography and cooking. Enjoy!

Friday, February 20, 2009

My baby is growing up

Lauren discovered that her tooth was loose back in early December. She was so excited because all of her friends have already lost several teeth. her teeth came in late as a baby so I had a feeling that they would fall out late too.


Finally after months of wiggling it was almost ready to fall out. I had a feeling that it would happen soon so I took some pictures for the 'before'


Wiggling, wiggling, wiggling






You could even see how loose it was




Then it was so loose that it didn't even stand up straight anymore



She ate raw carrots and an apple with her lunch but nothing happened. She BEGGED me to tie a string around the tooth and the other end on a doorknob to rip it out but I couldn't bring myself to do that. Finally I sent her up to her room to play telling her that it would fall out when it was ready.


A short while later Kathryn came running down yelling for me to come up because Lauren's tooth had fallen out. I walked into their room to find Lauren with her hand cupping her chin, sobbing. She moved her hand and I saw that it was full of blood. I immediately started to comfort her because I know how she feels about blood. She looked up at me and said "No Mommy, I am crying because I am just so happy".






Then she asked to borrow my cell phone to call Daddy, Auntie and Grampa to tell them her news.



She left the tooth under her pillow in a special box that she had decorated in anticipation. The tooth fairy left not only a $5 but a special glittery certificate, childrens tooth flossers and glittery toothpaste.


Now the one next to it is getting really loose......




No comments: