Do you have too many girl scout cookies (I know, I know is there such a thing?)
If you do, you can either mail them to me or try some of the recipes using Girl Scout Cookies here: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Girl-Scout-Cookie-Recipes?pmcode=IJCDC02S&_mid=38100&_rid=38100.34000.6515
If anyone want to try to make their own thin mints I got this recipe emailed to me from one of my recipe email lists. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good!
Girl Scout Thin Mints Recipe
Serving Size : 108
1 package Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix -- (18.25ounce)
3 tablespoons shortening -- melted
1/2 cup cake flour -- measured then sifted
3 tablespoons water
Non-stick cooking spray
3 12 ounce bags semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
6 tablespoons shortening
1. Combine the cookie ingredients in a large bowl, adding the water a little bit at a time until the dough forms. Cover and chill for 2hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out a portion of the dough to just under 1/16 of an inch thick. To cut, use a lid from a spice container with a 1 1/2-inch diameter Arrange the cut dough rounds on a cookie sheet that is sprayed with a light coating on non-stick spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the wafers from the oven and cool completely.
4. Combine chocolate chips with peppermint extract and shortening in a large microwave - safe glass or ceramic bow. Heat on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stir gently, then heat for an addition minute. Stir once again, and if chocolate is not a smooth consistency, continue to zap in microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
5. Use a fork to dip each wafer in the chocolate, tap the fork on the edge of the bowl so that the excess chocolate runs off, and then place the cookies side-by-side on a wax paper - lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm
Yield:"108 cookies"- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 34 Calories; 3g Fat (60.8%calories from fat); trace Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;2mg Cholesterol; 1mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat;1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Does everyone else have a copycat recipe for Girl Scout cookies?