Welcome to my blog!

I am a stay at home Mom of 3 living in Southern NH. This blog combines my love for my children, photography and cooking. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Baked Mac and Cheese

1lb elbow macaroni (I use casserole macaroni when I can find it - it is a bit bigger)
1lb. grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs

sauce
1/4lb. butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
4oz. flour
3 cups half and half
1 tsp. salt
1/4tbs. white pepper
1/4tbs. ground black pepper

Cook pasta in boiling salted water until tender.

Separately, melt butter in a heavy bottom sauce pot. Add onions and cook on low for 5 minutes. Add flour and cook on low for another 5 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk, half and half, salt, white pepper and black pepper. Simmer on low for about 15 minutes until sauce has thickened.

Mix together cooked pasta, sauce and 1lb grated cheddar cheese. please in a baking dish and top with bread crumbs mixed with Parmesan cheese.

Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes until top is golden brown and the sides are beginning to bubble.

No comments: