Welcome to my blog!

I am a stay at home Mom of 3 living in Southern NH. This blog combines my love for my children, photography and cooking. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

365: Breakfast Casserole

Feb 2011 010 

I made this and brought it to Lauren’s Valentine’s Breakfast at school.  It was a huge hit and I was asked to email the recipe to several of her classmates parents.  It is a great recipe to serve when entertaining because all of the work is done the night before.

 

Breakfast Casserole

1 pound breakfast sausage

6 eggs

2 cups milk

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese

1 box croutons

Optional:

1 can sliced mushrooms

sautéed peppers and/or onions

 

Cook and drain sausage. Beat egg, milk and salt.  Layer croutons on bottom of 9x13 pan sprayed with oil.  Place crumbled sausages on croutons.  Add vegetables and cheese.  Pour egg mixture over top.  Leave in refrigerator overnight.  Bake 350 for 45 minutes.

No comments: