Welcome to my blog!

I am a stay at home Mom of 3 living in Southern NH. This blog combines my love for my children, photography and cooking. Enjoy!

Monday, February 18, 2008

Blog Challenge #5 Your Personal Goal

Blog Challenge 2008 #5: Your Personal Goal
As women we all spend time putting others first, worrying about them, taking care of their needs, scheduling their lives with little time left over for ourselves. For this week's challenge: What is your most important personal goal for the year? What are you doing that is just for you? How are you trying to improve yourself?


This is embarrassing to admit but I have let myself go. 4 pregnancies in 5 years took a real toll on my body. I have a lot of weight to lose and as a result no longer want to buy myself nice clothes. I keep telling myself that I will just fit back into the old (smaller) clothes soon but I need to just purge everything from my closet. With a colicky infant and 2 demanding preschoolers I don't have time to do anything with my hair and makeup. Speaking of hair, since I am a SAHM we have to pinch lots of pennies so fancy haircuts were one of the things to go. I now get 3 cheap haircuts a year instead.

Ok, so to answer this question my personal goal is to start taking care of ME. I know that I deserve it but it is just so hard to find the time. I need to stop making excuses and start working out. I need to scrape together the money for a nice haircut occasionally. I need to spend a little bit more time on my appearance.

I also need to work on developing relationships for me. I haven't made a new friend in years and I think that it would be good for me. I also want to be a better friend to the ones that I already have.

Gosh, this was really hard to admit.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think you are a great friend! Love ya!

Pamela said...

Sarah - you have set great goals for yourself and you can do it!