Welcome to my blog!

I am a stay at home Mom of 3 living in Southern NH. This blog combines my love for my children, photography and cooking. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

A 'normal' weekend.

I had the best day yesterday. My parents took the girls for the weekend unexpectedly so we just went with it. There were lots of things that Rich and I could or should have done around the house but we weren't prepared for any projects so we promised each other a relaxing weekend. We are always on the go so this was really a big deal. I married a man like my father, one that cannot ever sit still. He must always have his hand in several projects and expects everyone around him to do the same. I should have known better, right? : )

Rich actually didn't have any side work scheduled and the fresh 6 inches of snow on the ground kept him from working on any cars in the driveway. Instead Rich ran errands all morning. He was gone much longer than necessary and was very secretive about it. He finally let it slip that he was doing a cost comparison for a gift for me. We put a ban on exchanging gifts so I am not sure what this is all about. Hmmm, Mother's Day will be here before we know it.

Rich, the baby and I went to a sandwich shop that we have wanted to try for lunch an had a long luxorious lunch. Then we went on a mini shopping spree with gift certificates that we got for Christmas. We went grocery shopping together like we used to before kids and then stopped by a local butcher and splurged on AMAZING steak. We put the baby to bed and cooked dinner together. We ended the day bu cuddling on the couch to watch a movie.

I LOVE being a Mommy of 3 and wouldn't change it for anything in the world but I had forgotten how nice it was back when we had just one baby. We really just went about our life as we had before kids. With 3 small children our lives are now dictated but what they want and need. I miss the girls and cannot wait to pick them up this evening but for the weekend it was so nice to enjoy the quiet house. Zachary really enjoyed being an only child for the weekend as well. He had both his Mommy and Daddy at his every beck and call. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but he really found his voice this weekend. Could it be that the house is finally quiet so he could hear himself? or perhaps he is trying to fill the silence with his sisters missing?

It may sound like a typical weekend to some but Rich typically works 7 days a week so we haven't had such a 'normal' weekend in years. It was FANTASTIC! I feel recharged and ready for the week ahead.

We may need to try to do this once every six months.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Give me the girls any time! After having that every weekend, it gets a little boring. Maddie would love to have the chaos of 2 other kids here. Pretty please with a cherry on top? :-D