Welcome to my blog!

I am a stay at home Mom of 3 living in Southern NH. This blog combines my love for my children, photography and cooking. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Blog Challenge #8

I am weeks late on these blog challenges but I am going to try to play catch up.

BLOG CHALLENGE # 7 - Embarrassing Moments

If you only have one most embarrassing story then you are lucky! I have about ten really good ones that still make me red in the face when I recount them. But one thing I have found is that most embarrassing stories usually result in someone reporting back to you that they have had a similar experience or know someone who has.

We all do dumb things, have stupid stuff happen to us in public, experience an escape of gas at the most inopportune moment or find ourselves in a predicament we just didn't expect. Ever.

The challenge this week is to write about one of those moments. Trust me.....it will be cathartic!


The first thing that comes to mind when I think of embaressing moments took place years ago. I was a recent college grad and was out job hunting. I sent my freshly created resume out and had some interviews scheduled. I had a brand new suit and shoes and I thought that I was looking pretty good. I headed into downtown Boston on the train from my parents house for an interview. The train arrived in Boston and I jumped on the 'T' (subway) towards my destination. I remeber being so proud of myself as I sat on the train. Although I was very familiar with Boston I had never taken any public transportation alone before. I looked around and saw all of the comutters in their suits and I realized that I fit right in. I felt like a grown up for the first time in my life.

The train arrived at the stop and everyone jumped out. I joined the group heading up the stairs towards sunlight when it happened. I fell UP the stairs. I didn't just stumble, this was like something like out of a bad sitcom. My purse dumped upside down, my papers scattered everywhere and then all blew away, I got the wind knocked out of me, I broke a heel on my new shoe, I hurt my knee. I sat there stunned for a moment too embaressed to look up at all of the people who had been witness to my fall.

Finally I got up and with one heel on my show broken I limped my way to that interview.

No comments: