Welcome to my blog!

I am a stay at home Mom of 3 living in Southern NH. This blog combines my love for my children, photography and cooking. Enjoy!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

My baby is almost 9 months




Zack will be 9 months old on Sunday and still doesn't have any teeth. He has been teething like crazy for months though. Lauren got her first tooth at 8 months and then they all came in pretty quick. Kathryn had no signs of teething but work up with 2 bottom teeth at 4 months and had a full mouth of teeth by her first birthday.


Zack figured out how to blow raspberries yesterday and has done it nonstop since. He babbles constantly saying just about everything but ma-ma. Lauren loves that he 'says' her name. Lala lala lala. Zack LOVES to stand and will rarely sit on my lap these days. He can crawl backwards but not forward. He has also figured out how to get onto his belly from a sitting position. He hasn't figured out how to get back to sitting yet though.


He is now refusing most baby food because he wants real food. We had chicken, roasted potatoes and green beans last night and he was in heaven. He also loves applesauce, diced pears, diced peaches, cantaloupe, hamburg and oatmeal. He doesn't like to be fed by me either, he wants to do it all by himself.


Zack is a little water baby. We have been to a local lake a few times, to the ocean a few times and over to the neighbors inground pool. He LOVES the water. He will sit and splash at the edge for hours. If we take him in to swim he screams when it is time to get out. He loves to play in the sand also after tasting it a few times I think that he has learned not to do that anymore.


He still doesn't sleep through the night waking at least 2x. Ugh These days he has been waking up with the sun and is ready to go down for a nap by 8:30AM some days.


He is by far the happiest and funniest baby that I have ever met. He was being silly last night and cracking himself up. He had Rich and I in hysterics over his antics. He knows how to work the audience already. He is almost always smiling and laughing all day long almost never crying. It sure makes up for the first 6 months when he did nothing but scream 24/7. As long as there is no dairy or tomatoes in his diet he is a happy boy.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

what a sweetie pie!! :-) I just love looking at pictures of all your kids!

CloverGirl said...

That is one happy baby! LOVE his toothless smile, and I can almost hear him laughing through the pictures.

Kaye said...

I just want to kiss those chubby cheeks! He's adorable.