Welcome to my blog!

I am a stay at home Mom of 3 living in Southern NH. This blog combines my love for my children, photography and cooking. Enjoy!

Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas survey

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?I like them both - but I will take the chocolate over egg nog anytime!


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa leaves a pile of unwrapped gifts for each children all around the room. Each kid has their own spot.


3. Colored light on house/tree or white? Colored on the tree (at my insistence since we have little kids. Rich prefers white. All white lights outside.


4. Do you hang mistletoe? I haven't hung it since I was a teenager. I think that I may need to find some for next year.


5. When do you put your decorations up?I started right after Thanksgiving, but I still haven't finished and we haven't even gotten a tree yet.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Everything!! If I had to pick one thing I would say the turkey.


7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The year that Cabbage Patch kids were really big we each got one from Santa. I got a red head, my sister got a blond and my brother got a blond little boy. I learned years later that my parents went all the way to NYC and waited in line for hours to get them.


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?What truth? What do you mean? My parents always said that if you don't believe in Santa, there's no reason for there to be a gift from him under the tree or anything in the stockings...so, what was it you were asking? Hmmm? =]


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The kids each get to open 1 package on Christmas Eve. Amazingly enough the packages always contain Christmas pj's.


10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Now that we have kids we use colored lights and gold and red glass ornaments. We also have ornaments from every Christmas (I got Rich an ornament every Christmas that we were together before kids and now we buy the kids each one every year) as well as ones that we have purchased on vacations.

11. Snow. Love it or dread it? I love it as long as I don't have to go anywhere.


12. Can you ice skate? Kind of. I never had lessons or anything but I can stay on my feet.


13. Do you remember your favorite gift?I think my favorite childhood gift was my Cabbage Patch kids. DH has given too many wonderful gifts for me to have a favorite; diamond stud earrings, diamond tennis bracelet, digital Canon SLR camera, laptop and much more over the years.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? spending time with my family.


15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Oreo Balls (recipe coming soon!)


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Waiting at the top of the stairs at my parents house while my mother went first to light the fire, turn on Christmas music and grab the camera. Then we were given the green light to come down and see our gifts.


17. What tops your Christmas tree? A light up star until I can find an Angel that I love


18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?GIVING!


19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love all of them but Go Tell It on The Mountain and Silent Night are some of my favorites.


20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? They are ok

21. What do you want for Christmas? Nothing. Rich and I are not exchanging gifts this year.


22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Yes, my mothers and her siblings rent a church hall for a family Christmas party the Saturday after Christmas every year.

23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? We go to church on Christmas Eve so we are dressed up for that and dinner. Then we put on our PJ's. Christmas Day tends to be casual or a pj day.

24. Do you own a Santa hat? Oh, yes and I love to wear it!


25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? We spend Christmas Eve at my parents house so it is my parents, Rich, the kids and I, my sister Laura, her husband Chris and her 2 boys sleeping there. My brother and his girlfriend Pam live nearby so they don't spend the night but they are there and both sets of my Grandparents come over for dinner and my BIL Chris' mother spends the holidays with us as well.

No comments: