Welcome to my blog!

I am a stay at home Mom of 3 living in Southern NH. This blog combines my love for my children, photography and cooking. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Twice Baked Potatos Recipe

Ok, so once again I am a day late. 2 of the 3 kids are sick that I blame them. I have been too busy wiping noses to update here. LOL


Karen, this one is for you! If you like my potato skin appetizer then I bet that you will like these too.

Twice Baked Potatoes


6 medium baking potatoes (Russets work well)

1tbs. olive oil

1 tsp. kosher salt


3 tbs. butter, melted

3 tbs. fresh chives or green onions (dried will work but fresh is much better)

¼ tsp. Garlic salt,

Pepper to taste

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

½ cup Cheddar cheese


½ cup milk or cream

½ cup real bacon (Baco’s do not taste good for this)


Scrub potatoes with a brush. Pat dry. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt to taste. Prick potatoes with a fork. Bake potatoes in a 425-degree oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Cut 2 lengthwise slices from top of potato to form an X. With a spoon, scoop out as much pulp out of the potato without damaging the skin. Place pulp in a bowl.

Lightly mash the potato pulp. Add in the butter, pepper, garlic salt, 1-cup cheddar cheese, Bacon and milk. Spoon the potato mixture back into the potato shells. Top with remaining cheese, pressing it on so that it will stay. Sprinkle with chives. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a 425 oven for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Karen Mahoney said...

You da bomb! I'll give you my thoughts after I make them...although you haven't failed me yet. Thanks!