Welcome to my blog!

I am a stay at home Mom of 3 living in Southern NH. This blog combines my love for my children, photography and cooking. Enjoy!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Banana Bread Recipe - easiest recipe ever


A few weeks ago I was at the grocery store and noticed that they had marked down a lot of bananas that were starting to brown. I immediately decided to make some banana bread. Trying to remember the recipe in my head I mistakenly thought that there was a bunch of bananas per loaf rather than 2 bananas per loaf and I grabbed 6 bunches of bananas. I ended up making several dozen chocolate chip banana muffins, 8 large loaves of banana bread and 14 mini loves of banana bread. Luckily my kids LOVE the bread so I just froze most of it.

Banana Bread
2 whole over ripe bananas
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 egg
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

This is really hard, so be prepared. Just kidding.
Mash the bananas.
Soften the butter.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl (a stand mixer works great for this!) until well mixed.
Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for about 1 hour.
* If bananas are very large then add 2 additional tbs. flour

** Add 1 cup of chocolate chips if desired.

No comments: