Welcome to my blog!

I am a stay at home Mom of 3 living in Southern NH. This blog combines my love for my children, photography and cooking. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Preparing for a LONG car trip

 

Have I mentioned that we are driving to Disney?  It is 22 hours each way.  Now that we are in the final countdown I am starting to have nightmares about the drive.  My kids have never been in the car for long than 10 hours and even that was rough.  In an effort to make the trip as pleasant as possible I have spent a lot of time coming up with activities for the kids.

 

I made binders for the girls.  Inside there is a travel activity book with puzzles, word games, coloring pages, the license plate game and more.  There is also a travel journal with journal prompts for each day of the trip.

 

April 2011 081 April 2011 082April 2011 083

 April 2011 084 April 2011 085 April 2011 086 April 2011 087 April 2011 088

 

These binders will be in a tote bag that I have packed for each kid.  In addition to the binders, the tote bags are packed with fun little trinkets.    Some of the things in the bags, costume jewelry, plastic army men, word search books, coloring books, washable markers, pipe cleaners, color by number pictures, little flashlights, clipboards, dry erase boards (my kids LOVE these), stickers and little craft kits.  I am also putting their DS’s in there (leapster for the little guy).  We also have a DVD player for the car and a few new movies.

I have one other little ‘gift’ for the kids for the car ride that I made.  Stayed tuned until tomorrow to see what it is.

No comments: